Personally, I find peanut butter really tasty. And most people will agree on that.
I use it every morning because it is healthy as well as tasty. So I am happy to share some information about peanut butter.
So here’s the deal,
Peanut butter is a food paste that is made of dry roasted peanuts. It mainly comes in two variants, which are creamy (smooth) and crunch and is available in many flavours. It can be served as a spread on bread or toast and used to make sandwiches.
Peanut butter is quite popular is USA and USA is one of the major exporters of peanut butter. Peanut butter accounts for nearly half of the edible peanuts use in USA.
Simplest thing about peanut butter is, it contains more than or equal to 90% of roasted peanuts, remaining is salt, sweetener and emulsifier or vegetable oil.
Let’s look at the nutritional information about peanut butter:
100 grams of regular peanut butter contain approximately:
- Nearly 588 calories, which means it is a calorie-dense food.
- 50.39 grams of total fat, out of which:
10.29 grams is saturated fat.
13.87 grams is polyunsaturated fat.
23.7 grams is monosaturated fat.
- 457 mg of sodium and 649 mg of potassium.
- 19.56 grams of carbohydrates.
- 25.09 grams of protein.
Now that we have seen the nutritional information of peanut butter, let’s talk about benefits of eating peanut butter:
- It is good for your heart. It helps reduce cardiovascular and coronary heart disease.
- May help reduce colon cancer in women.
- Helps protect against Alzheimer’s disease, because it contains good amount of niacin.
- It is a good source of healthy fats.
- Helps lower type 2 diabetes.
- High in protein and potassium, which helps lower blood pressure and maintains a good heart rate.
- It has magnesium, which is very good for healthy bones and muscles.
- High in fiber and vitamin E. Vitamin E is a great antioxidant and helps fight damaging free radicals.
- It is High in healthy monounsaturated fats and nutrient-rich, it is very good for weight loss.
- Since it is rich in fiber, protein and healthy fats, so it can give you boost you need to start the day.
- Peanut butter is a rich source of vitamin E, niacin, or vitamin B-3. Vitamin E is an antioxidant which controls inflammation in your body, helps in communication between cells and helps prevent tissue damage.
- It contains healthy fats and protein, which make it perfect food for bodybuilders. Many bodybuilders take peanut butter on a regular basis. It has several important benefits for a bodybuilder when eaten in moderate amount.
Who should not eat peanut butter:
It is not a good food for certain people. For people, who have a peanut allergy, peanut butter can cause a variety of possible allergic reactions, including life-threatening anaphylaxis.
So, if you are allergic to peanut butter, please don’t eat it.