Let’s please start with the basics,
If you say your body is in state of dehydration then it means it does not have enough fluid to work properly. You do not drink enough water as your body needs. Right?
In reality, doesn’t matter whatever anyone says, simplest and most effective way to avoid dehydration in the first place is to keep yourself hydrated. Drink more water.
The best way to avoid dehydration is to drink before you get thirsty. If you wait for getting thirsty, you’re already dehydrated. aren’t you?
So, the deal with this article is,
Below is a list of solutions to fight dehydration and rehydrate your body:
Drinks And Foods | Some Are Recommended Some Are Not:
- Drink a small amount of water every 15 to 30 minutes rather than drinking all at once.
- Add 1 pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon of maple syrup or honey to half litre of water, mix thoroughly and drink in small amounts.
- Drink ORS (Oral Hydration Solution). It restores the lost vitamins an minerals during dehydration.
- Eat foods with a high water content, like Watermelon, oranges, cantaloupe, grapes and strawberries.
- Bananas have good amount of water content and are good for restoring potassium.
- Try adding 1 teaspoon lime juice, a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon sugar to a half litre of water. Keep drinking it in small amounts throughout the day.
- Coconut water is really high in electrolytes. It is really good in rehydration.
- Yogurt and cottage cheese also help get rid of dehydration by restoring normal levels of sodium and potassium.
- Sodas may also contain caffeine, which can further dehydrate your body.
- Coffee contains caffeine and should be avoided too.
- Most importantly avoid alcohol beverages, they further dehydrate you.