French Fries Recipe: French fries are everyone’s favorite and they are best served hot and crispy. You can have them as a evening snack. They are extremely popular in the whole world and you can see them on the menus of every fast food chain, many restaurants and bars.
This homemade recipe is simple and one of the easiest that you can try at home without even an oven and French fries cutter. So without any delay, here we go:
1. Take 4 or 5 medium sized fresh potatoes and thoroughly wash them. Peel and rinse the potatoes. These will be enough to serve 2 or 3 people.
2. Cut them with French fries cutter in finger shape or stick shape vertically. If you do not have French fries cutter then you can use regular knife but it will take some extra time to cut them.
3. After they are cut in finger shape, keep them aside in a plate. Put some water in a boiling pan, the quantity of water should be enough so that cut potatoes are completely submerged in water.
4. Put 1 teaspoon of salt in the water and close the lid and turn on the stove in full flame. As soon as the water starts to boil put potatoes in the water, close the lid for 5 minutes. This will make your French fries soft from inside.
5. After 5 minutes, take out the potatoes and put them in the plate. Dry them out using a fresh towel or paper towel and let them cool down for 5 more minutes.
6. Then put them in the freezer for at least an hour so that they become hard. It will help them to become crispy.
7. After an hour, take them out from freezer and take out your frying pan. Its time to fry them for some time.
8. Put some oil in your frying pan to fry and let it become hot on medium flame. Now put French fries on hot oil and fry them. Do not deep fry or over fry them.
9. After they become light golden in color and a little bit hard. Take them out, put them in the plate under a fan for 20 minutes. This will help them to become crispy.
10. Do not throw the oil away, we will use it to fry them again.
11. Now its time for the final step. Turn on the stove and let that oil become hot again. Now, put French fries on the frying pan and fry them for 5 minutes until they become crispy and light brown in color. Keep tasting them while frying to check the crispness.
12. Take them out in a plate. Put some tomato ketchup on them, and serve and enjoy them while they are still warm.
Double frying makes them extra crispy. Frying them for the first time makes them moist and soggy and frying them again gives them that crispiness that we love.
You can even make baked French fries without using any oil but that’s for another recipe.
You can add extra salt on them after they are prepared if you like. In many courtiers they are salted and they serve them with ketchup, sauce or some chutney. You can even make French fries with sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes.
Question. 1: Are French fries healthy?
Answer: Bakes French fires are healthy and fried ones are not. Check above calories section for exact information.
Question 2. Can I make French fries at home?
Answer: Yes, using this recipe you can easily make them at home.
Question 3: How to make French fries crispy?
Answer: Putting them in freezer for at least an hour and double frying them will make them crispy.
Question 4: What are the ingredients to make French fries?
Answer: Basic ingredients are fresh peeled potatoes, salt and ketchup.
Urtica dioica, commonly known as stinging netter, stinger, Bicchu Ghaas, and Kandali in Kumaon and Garhwal regions of Uttarakhand. It… Read More
Spinach Banana Smoothie is very healthy for everyone. This recipe does not contain any sugar, salt or honey so this… Read More
Moong Palak Dal or Moong Dal with Spinach is quite popular in many different ways across the whole India. It… Read More
Chips and dips are one of the most popular snacks and party foods today. Everyone loves to eat potato chips… Read More